NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is seven + one?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

rainbow
10-05-2009 04:10:00

Waccoon wrote:

Would it be more appropriate to have defaults set in the language file, and allow the config to override the default?  Date and numerical preferences tend to differ based on locale, and that depends on the viewer, not the oekaki.

That would be very good.

How would the defaults set in the language file work?

(Besides that, this forum thread is well over a year old and someone just necro'd it.)

Waccoon
10-04-2009 19:09:42

Would it be more appropriate to have defaults set in the language file, and allow the config to override the default?  Date and numerical preferences tend to differ based on locale, and that depends on the viewer, not the oekaki.

CupcakeMan
10-04-2009 17:03:49

I agree, this sounds like a good idea.

rainbow
09-05-2008 01:18:32

This is what I'm suggesting for the control panel that affects all of the files on the oekaki: Easier customisation of regional number, decimal and date formatting in the control panel.

If you look at my oekaki, I've took advantage of date, time and number formatting virtually in all aspects of the site. My suggestion is the regional short and long date formats would be applied in the config.php file by default:

Code:

$cfg['longdate'] = 'L, F js, Y';
$cfg['shortdate'] = 'n/j/Y';
$cfg['time'] = 'g:i A';
$cfg['thousands'] = '';
$cfg['decimal'] = '.';

The $cfg['longdate'] variable would affect the index and profile page, while the $cfg['shortdate'] variable would affect the rest of the oekaki site. $cfg['thousands'] and $cfg['decimal'] would affect picture numbers, picture and comment counts as well as the diagnostic page.

The site owner would then be able to easily configure how they would want the short and long dates would be formatted without having to go through a hassle of modifying a piece of code in one of the affected PHP files. big_smile

What do you all think about this possible suggestion?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB