NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

Post a reply

Write your message and submit
Options
Humanity test

What is three + seven?

Go back

Topic review (newest first)

rainbow
07-18-2011 02:34:29

Okay, when I try to get my oekaki back up and running, I see this message:

Wax Poteto updater: v1.5.5
Wax Poteto detected (1.5.0)

When I click to start the update and run the updater, I get the following message:

Update complete! If you have multiple boards, make sure each board is at the current version.

If using avatars with multiple boards, please read the manual (short version: the master board uses avatars/, all other "slave" boards use ../board1/avatars/)

Click here to remove the updater and continue to the BBS.

When I click to remove the updater and continue to the BBS, it's telling me to run the updater again and it will keep going into a endless loop when I rerun the updater. Thus the database is still detected as version 1.5.0 and not version 1.5.5.

I even removed the offending lines in the common.php file:

function db_close() {
    if (isset($_GLOBALS['dbconn']) && !empty ($_GLOBALS['dbconn'])) {
        if (!@db_close ($_GLOBALS['dbconn'])) {
            return (FALSE);
        }
        $_GLOBALS['dbconn'] = NULL;
    }
    return (TRUE);
}

This is starting to get really frustrating even if I'm trying to make progress. And the reason why I may have removed it is that the offending lines cause the update.php file to redeclare db_close() in the common.php file on line 175 to the db_layer.php file on line 379. sad

What I am I still doing wrong? sad

Update: I got your e-mail and replied back. I admit that a partial update is really screwing things up. I found that the variable has been changed again from $db_p to $pre and $db_mem to $mem. Should I change this on all of the files that I modified in order to reflect this?

Also when I attempt to update the site with the modified files. I'm getting the following input:

Update/verify from Wax 5.6.4 to 5.8.2 (Wacintaki 1.5.5)...
MySQL: Table 'weblined_oekaki.oekaki' doesn't exist
MySQL: Table 'weblined_oekaki.oekaki' doesn't exist
MySQL: Table 'weblined_oekaki.oekakimisc' doesn't exist
Update finished: Wax 5.8.2 (Wacintaki 1.5.5)

Still when I'm told to delete the update.php file, I'm told to update it again and again, because the config file refusing to successfully update from version 1.5.0. Again, what could I be doing wrong?

Update: After numerious conversations, I think I at least fixed the oekaki. Lines 7 and 8 in the dbconn.php file must display the following:

$OekakiPoteto_Prefix = 'op_';
$OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix = 'op_';

If the variables are changed for some reason, the oekaki will not update properly and the owner will have to update the site over and over again.

I will try get the site repaired this weekend. The coding is a mess and full of errors. sad

rainbow
07-18-2011 00:12:49

Waccoon wrote:

Please don't do any major work to the files until I give you my corrections, so we can stay in sync.  There's quite a few fundamental problems with the code that need to be fixed (such as PHP long tag support, PHP tags in code comments, and other syntax issues).

That sounds fair enough. If you have gave me my corrections, let me know. smile

Waccoon
07-17-2011 23:47:03

Please don't do any major work to the files until I give you my corrections, so we can stay in sync.  There's quite a few fundamental problems with the code that need to be fixed (such as PHP long tag support, PHP tags in code comments, and other syntax issues).

rainbow
07-17-2011 17:58:00

Waccoon wrote:

Unfortunately, my e-mail virus scanner dumped the ZIP you sent me.  I've e-mailed a note to you with my alternate address.

The reason why I got the fatal error is that the new database layer may not be compatible with NetThrillDesigns.

Chances are it will work, actually.  The oekaki tries to use a newer method to connect to the database, but you can still force it to use the old method, and then all the "mysql_" type functions will work fine.  There's no need to convert all the "db_" functions back to "mysql_" functions.  I'll show you what I mean once I get a chance to look at your modified files.

Also, in the functions.php file, I'm getting a Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_STRING in functions.php on line 78

Based on the code sample you've given me, I'd say you have a semicolon or single quote missing somewhere else in the file.

Really? I didn't know that the newer database layer would be compatible with NetThrillDesigns. If you make any chances to the hacks.php file and make it by default, it would be wise to make a minor update for WaxPoteto to version 5.8.5a to append this. smile

As for the parse error in the functions.php file, the code showing in red does indicate that something might be missing in the file, but I don't know which line it actually is besides the one on line 78.

Edit: I corrected a couple of programming bugs that caused parse errors on line 78.

Once the database has been properly updated some of the newer features may not work correctly until it is fixed. I will however, need to do some testing before the oekaki is working again.

Waccoon
07-17-2011 17:45:50

Unfortunately, my e-mail virus scanner dumped the ZIP you sent me.  I've e-mailed a note to you with my alternate address.

The reason why I got the fatal error is that the new database layer may not be compatible with NetThrillDesigns.

Chances are it will work, actually.  The oekaki tries to use a newer method to connect to the database, but you can still force it to use the old method, and then all the "mysql_" type functions will work fine.  There's no need to convert all the "db_" functions back to "mysql_" functions.  I'll show you what I mean once I get a chance to look at your modified files.

Also, in the functions.php file, I'm getting a Parse error:  parse error, unexpected T_STRING in functions.php on line 78

Based on the code sample you've given me, I'd say you have a semicolon or single quote missing somewhere else in the file.

rainbow
07-17-2011 11:10:12

Waccoon wrote:

To put it mildly, updating your modified files would be very difficult for you, since 5.8.5 uses the new database layer, and that requires a lot of changes.  It would probably be better to send me all of the files you've modified, and I'll update them.  If you've done anything in the banner or notice that requires database access, I'll need those files, too.  I have difference tools for updating files, which makes it quick and easy.

For the most part, using the new database layer simply means changing all references of "mysql_" to "db_", but there's a few other things that have to change in boot.php, common.php, and any file that tries to open a database connection.  I think the database layer is the only thing causing a problem, here.  It's preventing the updater from running properly.

BTW, it's normal for the updater to show the DB config version as blank.

My normal e-mail address is here.  If you're using a Hotmail or Yahoo mail account, you'll need to sent to my alternate e-mail.

Okay, I sent you a e-mail with the attachment "Oekaki-585.zip". The zip file contains 77 modified files and you will need to look into the following key files: boot.php, common.php, config.php and cpanel.php. Correcting the errors is going to take a lot of work in order to get the oekaki back up and running again.

The reason why I got the fatal error is that the new database layer may not be compatible with NetThrillDesigns. So, I may have to change it back to mysql_. I will also need to get a hold of IceyTina on MSN to see if she can get the database files backed up since something screws up the oekaki to a point where I will have to reinstall it.

Code:

78: report_err('PHP code has been disabled in the notice, banner, and rules.');

I was hoping if there is a way to correct that or is this a design flaw in the functions.php file. sad

Waccoon
07-17-2011 07:20:06

To put it mildly, updating your modified files would be very difficult for you, since 5.8.5 uses the new database layer, and that requires a lot of changes.  It would probably be better to send me all of the files you've modified, and I'll update them.  If you've done anything in the banner or notice that requires database access, I'll need those files, too.  I have difference tools for updating files, which makes it quick and easy.

For the most part, using the new database layer simply means changing all references of "mysql_" to "db_", but there's a few other things that have to change in boot.php, common.php, and any file that tries to open a database connection.  I think the database layer is the only thing causing a problem, here.  It's preventing the updater from running properly.

BTW, it's normal for the updater to show the DB config version as blank.

My normal e-mail address is here.  If you're using a Hotmail or Yahoo mail account, you'll need to sent to my alternate e-mail.

rainbow
07-15-2011 19:19:05

Hey there, Wac! I'm gonna need some serious help here.

I recently updated my website from Wax Poteto 5.8.0 to Wax Poteto 5.8.5 and I'm getting these following errors telling me to update:

Code:

Please run the updater.

Database required: v1.5.0
DB config file present: v

Revisiting from this forum thread from almost three years ago, when I updated the oekaki, the database required to update is version v.1.5.0. Unfortunately, the updater isn't detecting the database configuration file present.

Secondly when I run the updater, I get this fatal error message:

Code:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare db_close() (previously declared in /home4/weblined/public_html/ppgrainbow/common.php:175)
in /home4 /weblined/public_html/ppgrainbow/db_layer.php on line 373

I last updated the files in early May of this year.

In order to run the Updater correctly, should I look over the boot.php, config.php and cpanel.php files?

Thank you so much for your time. I will subscribe to this topic until all of the problems are resolved.

I would hate it if I end up shutting down my oekaki, because no one maybe here to help me fix the errors that caused the oekaki to break. sad

Update: Fixed the parse error on line 1,074 of the index.php file by adding a ; at the end of $size = round(($size / 1024), 1). I still have to deal with two other problems that I've been facing.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB